Calculate the variance

Some folks don't open attachments, from anyone. Please make a different effor to communicate.

Attachment? You mean a hyperlink?

This is the fastest and most efficient way to convey the information.

Fair enough.

Some people don't go to external links. Speed and efficiency are not always the most important goals.

Find a way to communicate so that your audience already understands, rather than imposing your language on the audience. It's a good rule of life in almost all environments.

How hard is it really to suggest the nature of the distribution? Equations of most complexities can be coded with relative ease in the present interface.

I understand. They're simply being prudent. I would hope that a familiar member could be trusted, though. You have helped me plenty of times. There are also websites out there that check links.

At any rate, usually, I like to post all of my work if I'm stuck on something. It just seems like it's an extra hassle. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? :lol:

I actually just discovered my error. I overlooked a coefficient from a derivative. That correction gives me the right answer.

So, you're saying, if I beat you up enough, you'll figure it out anyway?

You are right. I don't usually look at the poster name or the number of posts. I may have reacted differently, had I done that. :cry:

tkhunny said:
So, you're saying, if I beat you up enough, you'll figure it out anyway?

You are right. I don't usually look at the poster name or the number of posts. I may have reacted differently, had I done that. :cry:

Don't beat me! Haha.

See. Exactly. I'll be around until at least next Spring. Here's the rest of my schedule.

Summer: Abstract Algebra, Advanced Linear Algebra 1
Fall: Modern Optics, Intermediate Analysis, some elective (maybe senior-level History of Mathematics)
Spring: Survey of Undergraduate Math, Advanced Linear Algebra II, some senior-level elective

http://www.uh.edu/academics/catalog/col ... /index.php

I hope your head doesn't explode. Take a badminton class or something, why don't you?

tkhunny said:
I hope your head doesn't explode. Take a badminton class or something, why don't you?

Haha. Well, those are the only classes I need to graduate a B.S. Math, Physics minor.

For graduate school, I'm considering an M.A. Math at my university or the M.A. Economics at George Mason. I'm not sure how hard the economics graduate program compares to my undergrad.

History would be fun. You'll be disappointed that you speak of almost nothing past the 19th century.

Survey? Are you serious? Isn't that a freshman course? Are you sure your undergraduate coordinator can't waive that?

tkhunny said:
History would be fun. You'll be disappointed that you speak of almost nothing past the 19th century.

Survey? Are you serious? Isn't that a freshman course? Are you sure your undergraduate coordinator can't waive that?

I don't subscribe to Keynesian economics.

No. Survey is a senior-level class.

MATH 4389: Survey of Undergraduate Mathematics
Cr. 3. (3-0). Prerequisites: MATH 3330, 3331, 3333, and three hours of 4000-level Mathematics. A review of some of the most important topics in the undergraduate mathematics curriculum.