Binomial random variable

sonney32

Let x be a binomial random variable with n = 10 and p = .4 Find the values of

P (x?4)

E(x)=np

p(x=4)

I am having problems with these and could use some examples on how to figure these out. Thanks

Why would you just post it again?

If you cannot do the second one, please get out of this class and re-register for pre-algebra.

For the first, p(x>=4) = 1 - [p(0) + p(1) + p(2) + p(3)]

RBGTHGANH

Show us ANYTHING that might suggest you have done ANY course workd or have attended even ONE class period.

I have to take online classes because I am on call 24/7... and cannot go to class. This class would be a lot easier if I could go to class as the instructor probably would put up examples.... I had algebra over 20 years ago!!
Sorry some people are not as smart as you!!

I always wonder about that defense for showing no work at all. We're not talking about me and no one said anything about smart or not smart. If you don't know it at all, you are in the wrong class. It's not a personal insult. It's an honest evaluation. If you cannot do #2, you really should not be in a statistics class. It's that simple. Let's try this again...

If I have an expression a*b*c and I am given a = 2, b=4, and c = 3, I can rewrite the expression, substituting the portions of the expression with their known values. a*b*c becomes 2*4*3.

That is all you need for the second one. Please demonstrate.

Knowing n = 10 and p = 0.4, calculate E(x) = n*p = ????

sonney32 said:
I am on call 24/7... and cannot go to class

Being on-call does not preclude attendance; it simply means that you might leave early, on occassion.

Sorry some people are not as smart as you!!

Huh?

sonney32 said:
I figured them out, and finished them.
Thanks
You're not going to share? Others could benefit from your experience.

With my schedule there is no way I can take a class unless it is online. When I go to work, I leave town, and usually I am not back in town for 36 hours or longer, so a lot of the time I do homework in a hotel room. I go to work all hours of the day and night, and most trips are 12 hours...