Probability Question

Overwhelmed

Problem: 52.6% of all U.S. adults are female, 7% are divorced and 4.2% are divorced females. If a person is selected at random, compute the following probabilities:

(A) The person selected is either a female or is divorced
(B) The person selected is a male
(C) The person selected is a female that isn't divorced
(D) The person selected is a divorced man
(E) The person selected is a non-divorced male

Tkhunny,

I do not need or care for your sarcasm ("get underwhelmed") and therefore do not want to hear from you again.

Overwhelmed said:
Tkhunny,

I do not need or care for your sarcasm ("get underwhelmed") and therefore do not want to hear from you again.
Has it occurred to you that "overwhelmed" was your choice of handle, and that you were given a hint that might well have left you "not overwhelmed," which logically means you would have been either underwhelmed or, at worst, whelmed?
Putting together a grid of the type suggested will make this sort of problem quite easy.
And don't bother saying that you do not want any help from me in the future. You'll not be getting any.

I do not think that tkhunny was trying to be sarcastic, but jocular.

More important is the following.

Please do not post exercises without asking any questions of your own. We do not know where or why you are stuck, on this exercise, until you tell us.

Please check out the post titled, "Read Before Posting". It outlines how to ask for help on these boards.

Cheers 8-)

Overwhelmed said:
Tkhunny,

Whatever you need or don't need, you seem not to have followed the near-full answer you were given. That would help you.