Grade 9 math problem

Flindark

I don't really know where to post this but I really need someone's help to teach me how to do this. And btw, I'm trying to find someone to help me with this slope question, not to just give me the answer, so plz show work!!!

If a mountain has a true length of 2300 meters what is it's run? (btw please explain true length)

There is not enough info to find the run.

Slope is rise over run.

By true length, I would guess they mean the length along the slope. As if you were walking up it.

The 'run' is the horizontal distance and the 'rise' is the vertical distance.

Flindark said:
I don't really know where to post this but I really need someone's help to teach me how to do this. And btw, I'm trying to find someone to help me with this slope question, not to just give me the answer, so plz show work!!!

If a mountain has a true length of 2300 meters what is it's run? (btw please explain true length)

How does your textbook define:

true length

run and

slope?

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Subhotosh Khan said:
Flindark said:

How does your textbook define:

true length

run and

slope?

It has all definitions except the one I need true length
Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

The mountain is like a triangle. As you walk up the mountain, you are walking up the hypotenuese of a right-angled triangle. That distance - distance along the hypotenuese is sometimes called "true distance".

The basic point is that the problem as you have posed it is not answerable numerically. An exact copy of the statement of the problem would help.