Percentile Rank

Joychap

Can somebody please help me with the following word problem please? I am quite lost and totally confused on where to start.

A survey of college students was conducted during final exam week to assess the number of cups of coffee consumes each day. The mean number of cups was 5 with a standard deviation of 1.5 cups. The distribution was normal.

A. What proportion of students drank 7 or more cups of coffee per day?

B. What proportion of students drank 2 or more cups of coffee per day?

C. What proportion of students drank between 2 and 7 cups of coffee per day?

D. How many cups of coffee would an individual at the 60th percentile rank drink?

E. What is the percentile rank for an individual who drinks 4 cups of coffee a day?

F. What is the percentile rank for an individual who drinks 7.5 cups of coffee a day?

Can somebody please help me with the following word problem please? I am quite lost and totally confused on where to start.

A survey of college students was conducted during final exam week to assess the number of cups of coffee consumes each day. The mean number of cups was 5 with a standard deviation of 1.5 cups. The distribution was normal.

A. What proportion of students drank 7 or more cups of coffee per day?

B. What proportion of students drank 2 or more cups of coffee per day?

C. What proportion of students drank between 2 and 7 cups of coffee per day?

D. How many cups of coffee would an individual at the 60th percentile rank drink?

E. What is the percentile rank for an individual who drinks 4 cups of coffee a day?

F. What is the percentile rank for an individual who drinks 7.5 cups of coffee a day?

Consider z-distribution.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

I am stuck on the whole problem and don't know where to start. How am I supposed to do z-distribution? I have not ever heard of this and am totally unfamiliar with it. If you can help, me I would really appreciate it.

Consider z-distribution.

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.