Draw A Scatterplot

Joychap

Draw a scatterplot indicating a strong negative relationship between the variables of income and mental illness. Be sure to label the axes correctly.

Hi,

A negative relationship is when one variable is increasing the other decreases. On a graph this would correspond to a downwards sloping line.

you can tell the strength of a relationship on a graph by how tightly the points are clustered around the regression line. A strong relationship would have points tightly clustered around the line.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all of your help. This was a huge help the explanation you gave below. I will definitely use it and follow what you stated. My exam is next week and I am completely stressed out because I don't understand this material. Trying to get this course material down little by little.

Hi,

A negative relationship is when one variable is increasing the other decreases. On a graph this would correspond to a downwards sloping line.

you can tell the strength of a relationship on a graph by how tightly the points are clustered around the regression line. A strong relationship would have points tightly clustered around the line.

Hope this helps