Need help understanding how to get the variance/dispersion/variability in problem

twobeatsoff

There is a .97 chance that no accident will occur during any particular day at a racetrack of local importance. the probability of one accident a day is .02, and the probability of two accidents is .01.

a. What is the expected number of accidents in a day?

Okay, from here I was able to get 0.97*0 + 0.02*1 + 0.01*2 =0.04 (with help, thanks!!!), but after this, I now need to find the variance. How do I go about doing this?

There is a .97 chance that no accident will occur during any particular day at a racetrack of local importance. the probability of one accident a day is .02, and the probability of two accidents is .01.
a. What is the expected number of accidents in a day?
Okay, from here I was able to get 0.97*0 + 0.02*1 + 0.01*2 =0.04 (with help, thanks!!!), but after this, I now need to find the variance. How do I go about doing this?
Why are you posting this again?
It was answered here.

Why are you posting this again?
It was answered here.

I apologize. I did not see the answer, and I was worried that my original post would have been dismissed as solved (as it was in its original intent). I appreciate the quick reply. I was looking for a way to delete this thread, but I do not see one.