Statistics Problem Help

samken009

Hi to all,

I am unable to solve this problem, however hard I try(I admit I'm not good at stats). Please give me instructions on how to solve the following problem. The instructions will do. I don't want to be a copycat with my homework. I just want to learn this. Kudos to any instructions and I'm grateful to anyone who can open my eyes.

The problem is:

A total of 5000 eggs were sold in those four months. The number of eggs sold in March was three times the number of eggs sold in April.
The number of eggs sold in March was

Can't find words to thank anyone who would offer me help.

Hi to all,

I am unable to solve this problem, however hard I try(I admit I'm not good at stats). Please give me instructions on how to solve the following problem. The instructions will do. I don't want to be a copycat with my homework. I just want to learn this. Kudos to any instructions and I'm grateful to anyone who can open my eyes.

The problem is:

A total of 5000 eggs were sold in those four months. The number of eggs sold in March was three times the number of eggs sold in April.
The number of eggs sold in March was

Can't find words to thank anyone who would offer me help.

This is not STATISTICS - this is an INCOMPLETE Algebra problem as I see it. Please post a complete problem.