Some help please!

dummyformath

1. In how many distinct ways can a 9-digit number be made using six 3's and three 6's?

2. A signal can be formed by running different colored flags up a pole, one above the other. Find the number of different signals consisting of 8 flags that can be made if 3 of the flags are white, 3 are red, and 2 are blue.

3. In how many distinct ways can the letters in MANAGEMENT be arranged?

4. A restaurant offers 9 entrees and 11 desserts. In how many ways can a person order a two-course meal?

5. There are 4 roads leading from Bluffton to Hardeeville, 9 roads leading from Hardeeville to Savannah, and 3 roads leading from Savannah to Macon. How many ways are there to get from Bluffton to Macon?

6. How many different four-letter secret codes can be formed if the first letter must be an S or a T?

7. You are taking a multiple-choice test that has 11 questions. Each of the questions has 5 choices, with one correct choice per question. If you select one of these options per question and leave nothing blank, in how many ways can you answer the questions?

This is for the review extra-credit for my MGF1106 class, my class starts in 35 minutes. Thanks in advance.

I didn't read the guidelines, my mistake

Apology accepted; we appreciate your honesty.

I suggest that you google keywords basic counting rules and check some results (the second hit looks promising).

Feel free to post any specific questions that arise during your review of these rules.

Cheers :cool: