I need help?

mlunar74

In a survey about families, James kuby- a well knownm advice columnist asked parents if they would have kids again; 70% responded "NO". An independent random survey asking the same question yileded a 90% "YES" response. Give at least one explanation as to why the resulting percent from Kuby's survey is so much different than the resulting percent from the random sample?

Heres my answer: -at least one of the surveys might have only asked people in a limited area, where people share similar beliefs on the topic

-maybe the columnist's audience is largely made up of people who don't want more kids.

but my teacher says i have to think deeper. whats there left.

Heres my answer: -at least one of the surveys might have only asked people in a limited area, where people share similar beliefs on the topic

What is your meaning of "one of the surveys" in the statement above?

There are only two surveys in this exercise. You are told that one of these surveys is random; hence, you may not conclude that that survey was carried out in a limited area or with any particular group of people. Were you referring to the Kuby survey?

Perhaps, you're thinking in the right direction, but you're not explaining it very well.