Facebook external likes

auroth

This problem requires knowledge of how Facebook insights work, and math. I am in Finite Mathematics class currently, and this I am doing purely on my own out of curiosity. I am still a novice, and request your help.

External view = Views on a Facebook page that are not someone who has already liked the page.

Fake likes = Likes produced with websites such as addmefast
People talking about this = PTAT
Friends of Fans = FOF

Hello I am working on a equation to calculate external views. The bigger picture to this is I want to see how the external views differ from a page with, and without fake likes. I've already seen based on the insights I've collected that the reach on a page with fake likes is much lower. Facebook defines Reach as:

"Reach is the number of people who have seen your post.Figures are for the first 28 days after a post's publication and include people
viewing your post on both desktop and mobile. Your post counts as having reached someone when it is loaded and shown in news feed.
Note that data from before July 2, 2012 only includes people viewing your post on desktop. "

I've deduced that one person can influence reach two times, by viewing different posts by the page.
So far I've built a few basic equations to get me on the right foot:
Likes-PTAT = Number of likes talking about the page
FOF - Likes = True number of FOF (FOF statistic includes fans)
Any thoughts as how I can get to my final destination?

Also this would ultimately be a better tool than Reach for anyone who knows how to apply the equation (if I can get it made that is), because reach doesn't tell you how many of those people already liked your page, if they saw 10 of your posts already, if they are external, etc. I want a number of pure external views. This will tell me my potential of gaining new fans. This will also help me prove my hypothesis: Fake likes can produce real external fans.

Last edited: