Statistics help please

kimdun

A lottery offers one $100 prize, one $50 prize, and eight $10 prizes. One thousand tickets are sold at $3 each. Find the expectation if a person buts two tickets. Assume that each ticket can win more than one prize.

A lottery offers one $100 prize, one $50 prize, and eight $10 prizes. One thousand tickets are sold at $3 each. Find the expectation if a person buts two tickets. Assume that each ticket can win more than one prize.

Assume that each ticket can win more than one prize. - Please explain the rules of this lottery in more detail. All the lotteries I know of - can win only one prize per draw.

In addition:

Please read the post titled "Read before Posting".

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Assume that each ticket can win more than one prize. - Please explain the rules of this lottery in more detail. All the lotteries I know of - can win only one prize per draw.

In addition:

Please read the post titled "Read before Posting".

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.
This is just a question that was given and it wants me to find the expectation value if a person buys two tickets