stats help

barnabyb

I have the same problem and am confused about it. Given the wingspan less than 8 inches does than mean you use the probablity of .95 because its with in two standard deviations of the mean. and once you do that do you use the inv normal cdf function on your calculator?

I have the same problem and am confused about it. Given the wingspan less than 8 inches does than mean you use the probablity of .95 because its with in two standard deviations of the mean. and once you do that do you use the inv normal cdf function on your calculator?

In the appendices of your Stat book, there should be tables of area under z -distribution curve. Have you not been taught to use those tables?

The table can be found here:

http://www.mathsisfun.com/data/standard-normal-distribution-table.html

Last edited by a moderator:
In the appendices of your Stat book, there should be tables of area under z -distribution curve. Have you not been taught to use those tables?

I have not been taught how to use the tables bc i have a horrible teacher and am just wondering am on the the right track using the inv norm cdf function on my calculator

You wouldn't use the inverse cdf, use the normal distribution directly. You are given the size and asked to find the proportion of butterflies- the probability that the butterflies are that size.