Bayes' theorem word problem

Damoo

Wondering if anybody could clarify this problem for me.

6,100,561 population

3247 infected with disease

379 out of 2517 went to a theater and ate green popcorn and got disease.

Hospital reported that 47 out of 243 patients for the disease expressed a dietary preference for green popcorn.

FIND PR (disease|preference for green popcorn)
suggestion: use bayes' theorem.

With 3 different stats I don't know how to go about this. I know there is a difference between people who ate the popcorn and people who have a preference for it.

Anybody?

THanks!

Wondering if anybody could clarify this problem for me.

6,100,561 population

3247 infected with disease

379 out of 2517 went to a theater and ate green popcorn and got disease.

Hospital reported that 47 out of 243 patients for the disease expressed a dietary preference for green popcorn.

FIND PR (disease|preference for green popcorn)
suggestion: use bayes' theorem.

With 3 different stats I don't know how to go about this. I know there is a difference between people who ate the popcorn and people who have a preference for it.

Anybody?

THanks!

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please state the Bayes' theorem for us - defining all the variables in the statement.

Also

please tell how the variable in your problem statement correspond to variables in the Bayes' theorem.

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.