probability help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda93

i will appreciate help...

1. A town’s planning department surveyed residents of a town about home ownership. The table shows the results of the survey.

Residents
At Address Less Than 2 Years
At Address More Than 2 Years
Total for Category
Owners
10 000
Renters
Total
16 000

Determine the following probabilities:

1. The resident owns the home.
  2. The resident rents and has lived at the present address less than two years.
  3. The homeowner has lived at present address more than two years.

1. A town’s planning department surveyed residents of a town about home ownership. The table shows the results of the survey.

Residents
At Address Less Than 2 Years
At Address More Than 2 Years
Total for Category
Owners
10 000
Renters
Total
16 000

Show us what you have tried so far so we know where you are stuck. We don't simply tell you the answers to a question. I'll give you a hint for the first one:

How many residents own a home, period? How many total residents are there (owning and renting)?

ResidentsAt Address Less Than 2 YearsAt Address More Than 2 YearsTotal for Category
Owners2000800010 000
Renters450015006000
Total6500950016 000

First step is to figure out the number of residents in the town.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

Show us what you have tried so far so we know where you are stuck. We don't simply tell you the answers to a question. I'll give you a hint for the first one:

How many residents own a home, period? How many total residents are there (owning and renting)?

Thank you very much. Your hint was very helpful.I got the answer.

10000 residents own a home
16 000 in total

Status
Not open for further replies.