Kind of stuck Here

PSG

I know how to find the least squares regressions on my calc. The residuals is what is giving me a problem. I know how to find that as well. But if you look at the bottom where its =-2.25x+88.88 and 2.25(4)+88.88.... My question is where does the 4 come from? I have read through the examples. Sometimes it is (3) or (2) for different problems. I am just wondering, how do I pick the right X value? Thank you.

Attachments

• stuc.jpg
    stuc.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
I know how to find the least squares regressions on my calc. The residuals is what is giving me a problem. I know how to find that as well. But if you look at the bottom where its =-2.25x+88.88 and 2.25(4)+88.88.... My question is where does the 4 come from? I have read through the examples. Sometimes it is (3) or (2) for different problems. I am just wondering, how do I pick the right X value? Thank you.

My eyes are not sharp enough to read that thumbnail (becomes fuzzy as I try to magnify it).

My eyes are not sharp enough to read that thumbnail (becomes fuzzy as I try to magnify it).

No worries, sorry about that. I wish I could make it bigger. But it got taken care of. Simple error on my part. Thanks for trying though.