Getting individual results from overall results - Help plz

emekapa

Hi people,
I would like to ask for your help because I ran a psychophysical experiment with 15 persons but unfortunately I've collected in a wrong way the data and I would like if it is possible with SPSS to extrat the results I want from the data I have!

The experiments consisted in the ranking of six items, where each participant had to rank from first to sixth those items .. The problem is that in the end I've registered the data all together and I have the number of times that each item was ranked first, second, ....., sixth but what I should have was the choices of each user like: participant 1 has ranked item 2 in first place, item 4 in second place, item 3 in third place, item 1 in fourth place, item 6 in fith place and item 5 in sixth place. I tried to do manually but it is like an huge "sudoku" to do but a possible one but I wonder if there is some mathematical way to do it .... To explain better here is one of the tables I have as an example:

table example.jpg

Note: the data in the table was modified for the explanation of what I want to retrieve.. But it is logic, one participant can only rank one item as first, one item as second, etc ....

Is there some way of doing it? I need that a lot since without it I would have to run all the experiments again!
icon_sad.gif

Thanks