split - MagTek” electronics

ranish293

split - MagTek” electronics

Thanks JeffM and Srmichael for your help

Could you guys again help me with the following, its urgent

MagTek” electronics has developed a smart phone that does things that no other
phone yetreleased into the market-place will do. The marketing department is planning
to demonstratethis new phone to a group of potential customers, but is worried about
some initial technicalproblems which have resulted in 0.2% of all phones malfunctioning.
The marketing executive is planning on randomly selecting 60 phones for use in the
demonstration but is worried because it is very important that every single one functions
OK during the demonstration. The executive believes that whether or not any one phone
malfunctions is independent of whether or not any other phone malfunctions and is
convinced that the probability that any one phone will malfunction is definitely 0.002.
Assuming the marketing executive randomly selects 60 phones for use in the demonstration:

(a) What is the probability that no phones will malfunction? [If you use anyprobability
distribution/s, you are required justify the requirements forparticular distributions are
satisfied]

(b) What is the probability that at most one phone will malfunction?

(c) The executive has decided that unless the probability of there being nomalfunctions is
greater than 90%, he will cancel the demonstration. Shouldhe cancel the demonstration or
not? Explain your answer.

Thanks JeffM and Srmichael for your help

Could you guys again help me with the following, its urgent

MagTek” electronics has developed a smart phone that does things that no other
phone yetreleased into the market-place will do. The marketing department is planning
to demonstratethis new phone to a group of potential customers, but is worried about
some initial technicalproblems which have resulted in 0.2% of all phones malfunctioning.
The marketing executive is planning on randomly selecting 60 phones for use in the
demonstration but is worried because it is very important that every single one functions
OK during the demonstration. The executive believes that whether or not any one phone
malfunctions is independent of whether or not any other phone malfunctions and is
convinced that the probability that any one phone will malfunction is definitely 0.002.
Assuming the marketing executive randomly selects 60 phones for use in the demonstration:

(a) What is the probability that no phones will malfunction? [If you use anyprobability
distribution/s, you are required justify the requirements forparticular distributions are
satisfied]

(b) What is the probability that at most one phone will malfunction?

(c) The executive has decided that unless the probability of there being nomalfunctions is
greater than 90%, he will cancel the demonstration. Shouldhe cancel the demonstration or
not? Explain your answer.

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")

what i have understand is that binomial distribution will be used

nCx * Px * (1-P)n-x

for(a) n = 60 P = 0.002 x = 0
for(b) n = 60 P = 0.002 x = 0,1
for(c) not sure

please let me know whether im correct or not?

what i have understand is that binomial distribution will be used

nCx * Px * (1-P)n-x

for(a) n = 60 P = 0.002 x = 0
Yes, though you should have realized this is simply \(\displaystyle 0.998^{60}\)

for(b) n = 60 P = 0.002 x = 0,1
No. This would give the probability exactly one will malfunction, not "no more than one"

for(c) not sure
You calculated the probability of no malfunctions in (a). Was it greater than 90%?

please let me know whether im correct or not?
It is better to learn the concepts that give the formulas rather than just memorizing formulas.