Normalizing data

atlant15

Hello,

I know I'm a bit simplify what supposed to be a bigger more complicated exam, but with the resources I currently dealing with, this is what I have, so thank you for understanding.

I have a list of thousands of customers; each customer with his own registration date (this would be the first month in which he pay for a service), I have the expanse detailing per month, and his country of origin (later on I will divide it to research groups – but for now let's assume there are all one group).
Each customer could have register on a different month of course, and was active for a different period of time, for example:
Customer a: active between Jan-12 to May-12.
Customer b: active between Mar-12 to Jan-13.
Customer c: active only on June-12.
Customer d: active between Jan-12 to Jun-12, was not active on July-12, but returned to be active between Aug-12 to Dec-12.

These are only examples of course.

I calculated several data; like average expanse per customer and the average time a customer was active (for example $400 per month for around 4.5 months), I also know that an average customer pays about 40% of his total sum on the first month he is active; (per the example $400*4.5 months = $1,800*40% = $720 on the first month).
So now I know per customer, what is his expanse behavior.
But now I need to know what is the total expanse behavior (not per customer but for all the customers) – what should I expect a "normal" customer would act like.

I need your assistance to normalize the rest of the data from all the customers (also the ones that were active for 1 month only), that were active for different period of times to one graph.

I'm using excel BTW;
Any assistance/comment/suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

I'm here if further data or/and examples will be needed.

Thank you in advance

Hello,

I know I'm a bit simplify what supposed to be a bigger more complicated exam, but with the resources I currently dealing with, this is what I have, so thank you for understanding.

I have a list of thousands of customers; each customer with his own registration date (this would be the first month in which he pay for a service), I have the expanse detailing per month, and his country of origin (later on I will divide it to research groups – but for now let's assume there are all one group).
Each customer could have register on a different month of course, and was active for a different period of time, for example:
Customer a: active between Jan-12 to May-12.
Customer b: active between Mar-12 to Jan-13.
Customer c: active only on June-12.
Customer d: active between Jan-12 to Jun-12, was not active on July-12, but returned to be active between Aug-12 to Dec-12.

These are only examples of course.

I calculated several data; like average expanse per customer and the average time a customer was active (for example $400 per month for around 4.5 months), I also know that an average customer pays about 40% of his total sum on the first month he is active; (per the example $400*4.5 months = $1,800*40% = $720 on the first month).
So now I know per customer, what is his expanse behavior.
But now I need to know what is the total expanse behavior (not per customer but for all the customers) – what should I expect a "normal" customer would act like.

I need your assistance to normalize the rest of the data from all the customers (also the ones that were active for 1 month only), that were active for different period of times to one graph.

I'm using excel BTW;
Any assistance/comment/suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

I'm here if further data or/and examples will be needed.

Thank you in advance

Use "descriptive statistics" in excel to find all the important characteristics of the chosen "behavior".