stastics.. HELP w/ comparing graphs of two freq. distros

please anyone just help me with this simple question.. i really dont know how to do it..

help me answer the 3 parts to the question :)

Even if you don't know how to complete these - please show us how you would start on these....

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")

c) Figure 1 shows two frequency distribution curves (A and B). Compare the (i) range, (ii) mean, and (iii) standard deviation.
how to compare ???
To compare, look at the picture.

i) Look at the two ranges. Are they exactly the same? If yes, say so. If not, say how they differ.

ii) Look at the two means. Are they exactly the same? If yes, say so. If not, say how they differ.

iii) Look up the definition of "standard deviation". Sketch in the 66-95-99.7 lines (or at least your rough estimation of them) for each of the two curves. Are they exactly the same? If yes, say so. If not, say how they differ.

And that's how you "compare" two things! ;)

In your subject line you used the word "compare." Your answers should include comparison words, like bigger, smaller, equal, . . .