Bernoulli Process Question

mussi

To cross a single lane of moving traffic, we require at least a duration d. Successive car interarrival times are independently and identically distributed with probability density function fT (t). If an interval between successive cars is longer than
d, we say that the interval represents a single opportunity to cross the lane. Assume that car lengths are small relative to intercar spacing and that our experiment begins the instant after the zeroth car goes by. Determine, in as simple form as possible, expressions for the probability that:
(a) We can cross for the first time just before the nth car goes by.
(b) We shall have had exactly m opportunities by the instant the nth car goes by.
(c) The occurrence of the mth opportunity is immediately followed by the arrival of
the nth car.

Really difficult me to even have an idea.

To cross a single lane of moving traffic, we require at least a duration d. Successive car interarrival times are independently and identically distributed with probability density function fT (t). If an interval between successive cars is longer than
d, we say that the interval represents a single opportunity to cross the lane. Assume that car lengths are small relative to intercar spacing and that our experiment begins the instant after the zeroth car goes by. Determine, in as simple form as possible, expressions for the probability that:
(a) We can cross for the first time just before the nth car goes by.
(b) We shall have had exactly m opportunities by the instant the nth car goes by.
(c) The occurrence of the mth opportunity is immediately followed by the arrival of
the nth car.

Really difficult me to even have an idea.
Then you need to talk to your teacher. If you show no attempt at all, we have no idea what you do know about this problem or what hints might help. You titled this "Bernoulli Process Question" so at least you know what a Bernoulli process is and recognise this as one. Okay, what properties does a "Bernoulli process" have?

Number of trials before first one is sucess or fail. General form I got was p^x(1-p)^x-k. Sucess is defined as when the interval is longer than the duration. Not sure how to relate p to d

Is my thinking on the right track or do I need to consider more?