URGENT Help with converting standard deviation!

Vincisomething

The average height for males is 180 cm. The standard deviation is 3.8 cm (30.48 cm= 1 foot). We want to convert cm to feet. What is the new mean and standard deviation? It is normally distributed.

In a normal conversion, I figured that 180/30.48 would give us the new mean (5.9 ft). I don't know if that will work for standard deviation or if it requires a formula.

The average height for males is 180 cm. The standard deviation is 3.8 cm (30.48 cm= 1 foot). We want to convert cm to feet. What is the new mean and standard deviation? It is normally distributed.

In a normal conversion, I figured that 180/30.48 would give us the new mean (5.9 ft). I don't know if that will work for standard deviation or if it requires a formula.
Whatever has units of cm can be converted to feet by dividing by (30.48 cm/ft). That includes any linear measure of the distribution, mean AND standard deviation. If you were converting Variance, you have to square the conversion factor because the units of Variance are the square of the units of the mean.