Does Critical Hit Chance In Video Games That Are Player Vs Player based Outshine Skil

onequestiontoask

Just a bit of background on my problem.
In games such as league of legends and mmorpgs, there is a STAT that is called critical hit chance. Critical hit chance is the probability for ones character to do double damage. I was having a discussion with a friend and his point of view is that critical hit chance removes a lot of skill from these types of games. My argument was that over a large number of trials (duels, games played etc) one team/individual will show that they are more skillful not based upon just critical hit chance alone but because they are the more skilled group or individual.

If two teams or two individuals had 5% critical hit chance and squared off against each other, would the critical chance alone determine who the more skilled player is over long run?

If each team/individual played against each other 100 times would it be clear to see who the better team is regardless of critical chance? Or does critical hit chance play a large factor in determining who the more skilled team/individual is?

I have a feeling that "the" answer to your question will depend upon the coding of the game being analyzed. But if the "chance" thing really did control the outcome, surely there wouldn't be competitions, since skill and experience wouldn't reliably influence that outcome, right? ;)