Help needed reading daughter's frequency graph please

Lord Haart

frequency 001.jpgHi all, can anyone take a look at the graph (click on it to expand) and tell me the answers to each question please. It is my daughter's graph from school. I have one set of answers but her teacher's solution differs somewhat and I would like to know the correct solution. Once you have answered, I would also like to know how many TEAMS played. Thanks in advance to all who take the time to answer.:p

View attachment 3345Hi all, can anyone take a look at the graph (click on it to expand) and tell me the answers to each question please. It is my daughter's graph from school. I have one set of answers but her teacher's solution differs somewhat and I would like to know the correct solution. Once you have answered, I would also like to know how many TEAMS played. Thanks in advance to all who take the time to answer.:p
What answers did you get? It is impossible to tell where you are going wrong (or possibly where the teacher is going wrong) if you do not show us your answers and how they differ from the teacher's.

Hi Jeff, thx for the response. Well I will reveal both sets of answers in a few days, but I purposely held the answers back in order for people to have a go themselves. Can you try for me ? Thx

Hi Jeff, thx for the response. Well I will reveal both sets of answers in a few days, but I purposely held the answers back in order for people to have a go themselves. Can you try for me ? Thx

We got the answers - however, we will reveal those after you have revealed your information!!:p:p

There is also question of interpretation. I would interpret "which teams scored two goals" to include teams that scored two goals on their way to scoring more than two goals! So my answer to the question "which teams scored one goal" would be all six. If it had been "which teams scored "exactly one goal" or "only one goal", the answer would be different.

I worked a while, but I finally got the answers.

There is also question of interpretation. I would interpret "which teams scored two goals" to include teams that scored two goals on their way to scoring more than two goals! So my answer to the question "which teams scored one goal" would be all six. If it had been "which teams scored "exactly one goal" or "only one goal", the answer would be different.
What would you say for the total goals AND total teams playing :?:

What would you say for the total goals AND total teams playing :?:
We're still waiting to receive your answers. Please be complete, including why you think the instructor's answers are incorrect. Thank you! ;)

Ok fair enough, thx for answering all. Well I understand the ambiguity on the early questions, such as which teams scored 2 goals. The answer as stated before could mean EXACTLY 2 goals or teams that scored AT LEAST 2 goals. So I'm still on the fence with the early ones. However, for the number of goals scored and teams playing I got 80 and 38 respectively - 38 teams played 19 games and 80 goals were scored. The teacher has marked it as wrong and has put 38 for the GOALS SCORED. I am wondering who is correct. Thx all :confused:

Ok fair enough, thx for answering all. Well I understand the ambiguity on the early questions, such as which teams scored 2 goals. The answer as stated before could mean EXACTLY 2 goals or teams that scored AT LEAST 2 goals. So I'm still on the fence with the early ones. However, for the number of goals scored and teams playing I got 80 and 38 respectively - 38 teams played 19 games and 80 goals were scored. The teacher has marked it as wrong and has put 38 for the GOALS SCORED. I am wondering who is correct. Thx all :confused:
The teacher is quite wrong about the number of goals, and you are correct.

Five teams scored no goals

Ten teams scored one goal so that is ten goals

Nine teams scored two goals so that is 18 more goals, making a total so far of 28

Five teams scored three goals so that is 15 more goals, making a total so far of 43

Four teams scored four goals so that is 16 more goals, making a total so far of 59

Three teams scored five goals so that is 15 more goals, making a total so far of 74

One team scored six goals so that is 18 more goals, making a total so far of 80

Just as I thought, and it wouldn't be the first time they have been mistaken. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. I shall now visit these forums from time to time. You have been most helpful, and I thank you.:x