Finding the Z value

Inferno

how would I even approach this problem? do I use the chart? I'm really confused.

"Find z such that 5.2% of the standard normal curve lies to the left of z."

and if the question was the same but asking "to the right of z" what would I do? I need help with this so I can do the rest of my problems.

I've tried different ways, but can't seem to come up with the right answer. Help!

Look at your z-tables for the closest thing to 0.052. This is assuming your table tells you "area to the left".

how would I even approach this problem? do I use the chart? I'm really confused.

"Find z such that 5.2% of the standard normal curve lies to the left of z."

and if the question was the same but asking "to the right of z" what would I do? I need help with this so I can do the rest of my problems.

I've tried different ways, but can't seem to come up with the right answer. Help!
Your table might show only the upper half of the distribution, since it is symmetric. In that case, find the z where a tail of 5.2% is to the right, or 0.948 to the left. Then make z negative to show that you are dealing with the tail to the left.

We can't guess what you are doing wrong unless you show us your work.

Look at your z-tables for the closest thing to 0.052. This is assuming your table tells you "area to the left".

ok the closest thing I found was .0526 and that's under -1.62... is = -1.62 the answer?

ok the closest thing I found was .0526 and that's under -1.62... is = -1.62 the answer?
YES.
[Though 0.0516 is a tiny bit closer, which would give -1.63.]

[You could interpolate in the table and get -1.626, but the extra digit is usually unnecessary.]