Please help - Statistics Question

pembrokebeauty

The chapter problem for chapter 3 includes the members of chocolate chips in a sample of 40 chips ahoy regular cookies. the mean is 23.95 chocolate chips and the standard deviation is 2.55 chocolate chips. construct a 99% confidence interval estimate of the mean number of chocolate chips in all such cookies. how does the confidence interval not contradict the fact that most of the original values do not fall between the confidence interval limits?

The chapter problem for chapter 3 includes the members of chocolate chips in a sample of 40 chips ahoy regular cookies. the mean is 23.95 chocolate chips and the standard deviation is 2.55 chocolate chips.
a) Construct a 99% confidence interval estimate of the mean number of chocolate chips in all such cookies.
b) How does the confidence interval not contradict the fact that most of the original values do not fall between the confidence interval limits?
What are your thoughts? What formula(s) or table(s) do you feel might apply? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

What are your thoughts? What formula(s) or table(s) do you feel might apply? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

I don't understand any of it and don't know how to go about it. LOST!

I don't understand any of it....
Then the first step should probably be enrolling in a statistics course at your local college or university. They'll cover these topics in that sort of class. ;)

I don't understand any of it and don't know how to go about it. LOST!
I'd like to reinforce stapel's comment. My experience at least was that statistics was very counter-intuitive. I would have been totally lost myself without the lectures; I would never have figured it out just from a book.

I'd like to reinforce stapel's comment. My experience at least was that statistics was very counter-intuitive. I would have been totally lost myself without the lectures; I would never have figured it out just from a book.

I am in a class that is ending with a piece of crap professor. I thought this forum would be a helpful positive environment. Obviously, there is no help available.