Can't understand Stats question

pembrokebeauty

Listed below are the amount of mercury in parts per million or ppm found in tuna sushi sampled at different stores in NYC. The study was sponsored by the New York Times and the stores in order are D'Agostino, Eli's, Manhattan, Fairway, Food Emporium, Gourmet Garage, Grace's Marketplace, and Whole Foods. The sample mean is 0.719 ppm and the standard deviation is 0.366 ppm. Construct a 90% confidence interval estimate of the mean amount of mercury in the population.

0.56 0.75 0.10 0.95 1.25 0.54 0.88

Listed below are the amount of mercury in parts per million or ppm found in tuna sushi sampled at different stores in NYC:

. . . . .D'Agostino: 0.56
. . . . .Eli's: 0.75
. . . . .Manhattan: 0.10
. . . . .Fairway: 0.95
. . . . .Food Emporium: 1.25
. . . . .Gourmet Garage: 0.54
. . . . .Grace's Marketplace: 0.88
. . . . .Whole Foods: ??

The study was sponsored by the New York Times. The sample mean is 0.719 ppm and the standard deviation is 0.366 ppm. Construct a 90% confidence interval estimate of the mean amount of mercury in the population.
What are your thoughts? What formula(s) or table(s) do you feel might apply? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Note: I have reformatted your post to point out that at least one data point is missing from your post. When you reply, please include the missing information. Thank you! :wink:

What are your thoughts? What formula(s) or table(s) do you feel might apply? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Note: I have reformatted your post to point out that at least one data point is missing from your post. When you reply, please include the missing information. Thank you! :wink:

I don't know how to go about it. But Eli's Mahattan is one place not two. So the rest of the numbers have to be moved over by one.

Eli's Mahattan is one place not two.
Ah. So your "comma" between the two words was a typo. I have corrected the listing, below:

. . . . .D'Agostino: 0.56
. . . . .Eli's Manhattan: 0.75
. . . . .Fairway: 0.10
. . . . .Food Emporium: 0.95
. . . . .Gourmet Garage: 1.25
. . . . .Grace's Marketplace: 0.54
. . . . .Whole Foods: 0.88

I don't know how to go about it.
We really can't provide classroom lectures within this context. Are you requesting lesson links, so that you can learn about this topic? ;)