How to solve this problem FINALS REVIEW

nickar1172

I had this problem on a quiz and obviously got it wrong, I am confused about how to set this question up and what to solve for:

In a large city, the average retail price of a pound of grapes is $1.79, with a standard deviation of 18 cents. Between what values must be the price of at least 15/16 of all pounds of grapes sold in this city?

Last edited:
I had this problem on a quiz and obviously got it wrong, I am confused about how to set this question up and what to solve for:

In a large city, the average retail price of a pound of grapes is $1.79, with a standard deviation of 18 cents. Between what values must be the price of at least 15/16 of all pounds of butter sold in this city?

Cannot be a serious problem!!

just spoke to my professor and ur right it was a typo....but anyway still looking for a set up for this problem

Last edited:
just spoke to my professor and ur right it was a typo....but anyway still looking for a set up for this problem

This problem should be solved using z-distribution table.

Thus that ring a bell (like bell-curve)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how to do that is there a formula???
If you don't know about z-scores, then apparently you're supposed to use some other (non-standard) method. You'll need to tell us what that method is.

So please review your textbook and your class notes, particularly the parts that correspond to the section in your book that generated this homework exercise, and reply showing what method(s) and formula(s) they used in their worked examples. Thank you! ;)

maybe its cheby's theorem i dont know how to spell his name but all I know is it has to do with 1-1/k^2