Event and Sets Formulas URGENT HELP

nickar1172

Which formula's would you use to solve each set and please show the actual formulas(MATHEMATICAL NOTATION AΩB, etc.) please thank you for the help I really appreciate it as I need to know this for my final exam tomorrow, thank you!

a) solving for neither set A and neither set B

b) Solving for set A or Set B, but not both

c) Solving for set B given set A

d) Solving for set B given that he does not have Set A

Which formula's would you use to solve each set and please show the actual formulas(MATHEMATICAL NOTATION AΩB, etc.) please thank you for the help I really appreciate it as I need to know this for my final exam tomorrow, thank you!
a) solving for neither set A and neither set B
b) Solving for set A or Set B, but not both
c) Solving for set B given set A
d) Solving for set B given that he does not have Set A
You have to be very careful here.
There simply is no standard notation. It all depends on your instructor and/or your text material!

For example: I have taught from some ten to twenty texts on foundations, set theory, probability in which all use different notations for b) Solving for set A or Set B, but not both.
Here are three examples: \(\displaystyle A \oplus B,\;A\Delta B,\text{ or }\;(A\backslash B) \cup (B\backslash A)\)

• Postulates for Probability - P(A) >= 0, P(S) = 1
  • Special Addition Rule (mutually exclusive) - If A ∩ B = , then P(A ∪ B) = P(A) + P(B)
  • General Addition Rule - P(A ∪ B) = P(A) + P(B) – P(A ∩ B)
  • Probability and Odds (odds of A to B) - a / (a + b)
  • Conditional Probability - P(A | B) = P(A ∩ B) / P(B) provided that P(B) 0
  • General Multiplication Rule - P(A ∩ B) = P(A) . P(B | A)
  • Special Multiplication Rule(Independent events) - P(A ∩ B) = P(A) . P(B)
Multiplication Rules - if event B is independent of event A, then P(B | A) = P(A)

according to these rules how do u answer those questions, somebody please help

Help!

you want to solve for the probability of these sets? Given Pr[A] and Pr ?

Ok here's the deal I had this problem and I got all of the questions wrong and this is exactly going to be on my final for a fact tomorrow so I need to know this information and I havent learned it yet and its go time

35% of patients in a hospital have high blood pressure, 53% have heart trouble, and 22% have both high blood and heart trouble. Find the probability that a patient in the hospital has :

a) neither high nor heart trouble

b) high blood pressure or heart trouble, but not both

c) high blood pressure given that he has heart trouble

d) heart trouble given that he does not have high blood pressure

PLEASE just solve these for me and display them I cannot and do not have the time to figure these out myself with hints, other people on message boards have been doing that for TWO DAYS and its still not helping, I understand UNION and INTERSECT I just do not know how to solve these questions so please solve then and display how using proper mathematical notation

35% of patients in a hospital have high blood pressure, 53% have heart trouble, and 22% have both high blood and heart trouble. Find the probability that a patient in the hospital has :
a) neither high nor heart trouble
b) high blood pressure or heart trouble, but not both
c) high blood pressure given that he has heart trouble
d) heart trouble given that he does not have high blood pressure
Why the h*ll did you not post this to begin with????
Had you, there is no doubt that you would gotten a clear answer.
Please Please, learn that lesson.

Let \(\displaystyle B\) be the event that a patient has high blood pressure and \(\displaystyle H\) be the event that a patient has heart problems.

Now on the space of that hospital's patients you are given \(\displaystyle \mathcal{P} (B)=0.35,~\mathcal{P}(H)=0.53~\&~\mathcal{P}(B\cap H)=0.22\).

Why do you not show us what you have done on this question?

Do you understand that we do not offer a tutorial service?

Nor do we do your work for you!