present a solution using numbers

vfr1

Hi this is perhaps an unusual request, I'm new to the forum and not sure how to solve a problem.

Essentially in a work environment and run a small department and have some very basic data on what curently does not work, in terms of productivity, efficiency in an educational context. With a creative background I'm looking for a method/ formula/ spreadsheet/ analysis to present this 'not working' case. Variable include, hours available, hours teaching, number of groups, preparation, assessment, development, administration, enrichment... I want to present a solution based on an ability to model these variables. could anyone help. working in a senior role i don't have experience in this area, any help, ideas, links would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking this could be a model to predict any time based activity. im not sure if this is a statisitcal question.

thanks in advance:confused:

Hi this is perhaps an unusual request, I'm new to the forum and not sure how to solve a problem.

Essentially in a work environment and run a small department and have some very basic data on what curently does not work, in terms of productivity, efficiency in an educational context. With a creative background I'm looking for a method/ formula/ spreadsheet/ analysis to present this 'not working' case. Variable include, hours available, hours teaching, number of groups, preparation, assessment, development, administration, enrichment... I want to present a solution based on an ability to model these variables. could anyone help. working in a senior role i don't have experience in this area, any help, ideas, links would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking this could be a model to predict any time based activity. im not sure if this is a statisitcal question.

thanks in advance:confused:
This question is a little bit too general to be answered in any kind of detail.

Yes, if you have a situation where all the variables can be meaningfully quantified and you have enough reliable data and the situation is stable, you can use techniques like regression analysis to build a predictive model, and there is software available to help you do the computational work. (Excel has a data analysis add-on, and there are more powerful tools available for relatively little, or even no, cost.)

A critical technical question is whether you have enough reliable data. Another critical question is whether success/failure involves trade-offs among variables. If so, you need a trade-off function, and there may be no objective way to construct a trade-off function.