Question with Weighted Indecies

perm

Hi!

I have a project similar to the attached spreadsheet that I made up as an example..
Basically, I am putting together a project to show the best brain health out of about 20 different groups.. I am using over 50 factors to determine. In the example spreadsheet, I have a few factors listed on the spreadsheet.

I have indexed each weighted factor (Sleep, Fruits/Veg, Mental Distress, etc.) for each group. Next, I want to index each Category (Diet, Physical, Mental, Social) based on their weighted value. What would be the best way to go about indexing each category?

Would it be best to divide the Factor weight value by the Category weight value (to equal 100%) and then multiply each index by that and then add them up?

Attached is an example.. Please let me know which is correct if you know.

Moderator Note
: The attached .XLXS file (zipped spreadsheet) passed security scan at virustotal.com

Attachments

• Index Example.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have anything that may be able to help me? I would really appreciate it. BTW, the .zip file is very small. It's a small spreadsheet.. It just wouldn't allow me to upload a .xls.

Hi!

I have a project similar to the attached spreadsheet that I made up as an example..
Basically, I am putting together a project to show the best brain health out of about 20 different groups.. I am using over 50 factors to determine. In the example spreadsheet, I have a few factors listed on the spreadsheet.

I have indexed each weighted factor (Sleep, Fruits/Veg, Mental Distress, etc.) for each group. Next, I want to index each Category (Diet, Physical, Mental, Social) based on their weighted value. What would be the best way to go about indexing each category?

Would it be best to divide the Factor weight value by the Category weight value (to equal 100%) and then multiply each index by that and then add them up?

Attached is an example.. Please let me know which is correct if you know.

Moderator Note
: The attached .XLXS file (zipped spreadsheet) passed security scan at virustotal.com