Body Fat %

ladyliberty2345

If I want to track my body fat percentage using an at-home scale and a professional scale...
My home scale says that my body fat is 26.8%.
The professional scale says that my body fat is 22.9%

I thought I had it figured out that as my body fat decreases, I would multiply the home scale (higher) amount by 0.8545. 26.8*0.8545=22.9
My friend's at home scale said he was 17.5%, but the professional scale said he was 16%. Using the equation of home scale multiplied by 0.8545 gives him 14.9%. This tells me that as my body fat decreases, this formula will no longer work.

What formula can I use to accurately track my body fat, using my at-home scale?

For example, if my body fat decreases, and my home scale says 25%, what formula do I use to estimate what the professional scale would say?

I'm not sure that it's even possible to do what I think you're asking, due to the fact that using a bathroom scale to estimate one's body fat is necessarily inaccurate. Different scales use different methods and different algorithms, and your body changes over the course of time (including over the course of a single day), such as by your hydration level.

Hello Lady Liberty:

Don't trust body-fat scales. Caliper readings taken from specific body regions give a better estimation, but the only accurate method that I've seen involves submersing the entire body in water.

From a Google-search hit on body-fat scales, comes the following

Cheers :cool:

Are [body-fat scales] accurate? No. They give an estimate and studies have concluded that body fat scales do not give precise readings. Consumer Reports tested body fat scales and found them all to be inaccurate.