Tapatalk Integration

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
I've added Tapatalk functionality to the board. If you're familiar with it already you'll be able to use the Tapatalk app on your phone or tablet to browse and post on the go. If it's not something you're interested in, just ignore the popup asking you if you want to use the app -- you should only see it on a mobile device, and only once (unless you clear your cookies). Of course, the regular website will not change.

… you should only see [the Tapatalk pop-up notice] … once (unless you clear your cookies) …

Hi Ted:

On my smartphone, it appears that I need to check the box (shown on the screen shot below) to avoid the pop-up. Otherwise, each time that I navigate to the site, I see the same notice.

tapaTalk1.jpg

I also note that touching the [Skip] button still results in an install notice at the top of the next page (as shown below).

tapaTalk2.jpg

I'm not interested in using my smartphone at freemathhelp because the print is way tiny. Would the Tapatalk thingy help readability?

Cheers :cool:

Hi Ted:

On my smartphone, it appears that I need to check the box (shown on the screen shot below) to avoid the pop-up. Otherwise, each time that I navigate to the site, I see the same notice.

View attachment 3822
That first screen is annoying, and doesn't take you directly to the forum anyway, so I have disabled it now. Nobody should see it from now on.

I also note that touching the [Skip] button still results in an install notice at the top of the next page (as shown below).

View attachment 3823
This is the only notice people will see, only if they're on a mobile device, and clicking the X will hide it.

I'm not interested in using my smartphone at freemathhelp because the print is way tiny. Would the Tapatalk thingy help readability?
So, the thing about Tapatalk is that it's really more suited for shorter text-based discussions that lengthy math work. I'm not sure many will find this all that useful, and the LaTeX code will either be a mess or won't show up (I should check), but I did get several requests and it's an easy plugin to install so it's on option.

What would be more useful is a full mobile-themed version of the site that you'd view in the browser...