Addition of two box plots?

magnusburton

Hey!

I have two box plots that I'd like to add together to form one box plot representing both plots in one. Here's an example of two box plots:
At a school 200 boys and 200 girls participated in a test. The maximum score were 80 points. I've included an example image of what the box plots could look like.

12983ff68e6ee00708df1d26efc42821.png

How would I do to add these two box plots together to form one box plot with a total of 400 students and their test results?
Thank you for your help! If you need me to explain what I'm looking for any further, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!

I don't know what you mean by "adding plots". Do you mean one plot that includes all information from both plots?

At a school 200 boys and 200 girls participated in a test. The maximum score were 80 points. I've included an example image of what the box plots could look like.
12983ff68e6ee00708df1d26efc42821.png
Do you mean one plot that includes all information from both plots?
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
I'm not sure that what you're asking is even possible. But I'm pretty sure that you'd have to start with extracting the information from the graphic.

For instance, what were the lowest and highest scores for each of the boys and the girls? Half of this information will provide you with the max and min for the combined group. Then think about the meaning of the boxes and the vertical lines through the middles of those boxes. What information can you extract with this? And so forth. ;)