Comparing three different sets of scores, and means.

Louise1993

Hi everyone,
I'm Louise, I'm brand new here. (Please move this post if it's in the wrong forum, and sorry!) I am university student and I am currently doing a research report (based on Star Trek videos). At the moment I am going through the data.
The report is looking at the scores of observers, who have scored 2 individuals in a video, on their perceived risk-taking. Each observer had a list of 3 behaviours to watch for, and gave a score every time they saw this behaviour (as you can see, the observers widely varied in their scoring).
Hypothesis: perceived personality traits will be reflected in observed behaviour. Behavioural data will confirm that Captain Kirk is more risk-taking and Captain Picard is less risk-taking.
I have included two tables and my results write-up below.

Question 1: I am wondering how I can get a better overall idea of who is more risk-taking (they seem to be pretty equal). I tried finding the mean of the mean's, but I don't think this is the best way to do it. I also tried adding up the scores for all 3 behaviours and finding the mean of all the scores combined. Does anyone have any idea on the best way to do this? The two methods I tried gave different results.
Question 2: Which kind of graph would be the best way to give a visual representation of this data? And which scores should I show in the graph? (e.g. all the scores, or just the means)

Table 1.1
Independent rating, means, standard deviations, and inter-observer reliability of the behaviour ratings for Captain Kirk's personality
Frequency of Behaviours
ObserverBehaviour 1Behaviour 2Behaviour 3
Group member 1533
Group member 2855
Group member 3212
Group member 4223
Group member 5 (myself)715
Mean4.82.43.6
Standard deviation2.771.671.34
Inter-rater reliability.25.50.25

Table 1.2
Independent rating, means, standard deviations, and inter-observer reliability of the behaviour ratings for Captain Picard's personality
Frequency of Behaviours
ObserverBehaviour 1Behaviour 2Behaviour 3
Group member 1255
Group member 2934
Group member 3032
Group member 4313
Group member 5 (myself)224
Mean3.22.83.6
Standard deviation 3.421.481.14
Inter-rater reliability.25.75.50

Independent ratings were determined for each of the three behaviours separately for the two Captains, as shown in Table 1.1 and Table 1.2. It was expected that perceived personality traits will be reflected in observed behaviour. Behavioural data will confirm that Captain Kirk is more risk-taking and Captain Picard is less risk-taking. Supporting the hypothesis, Captain Kirk showed higher levels of behaviour 1, number of times a person deviates from standard protocol or procedure (M=4.8, SD=2.77, IRR=.25), when compared to Captain Picard (M=3.2, SD=3.42m IRR=.25). Results of behaviour 2 and behaviour 3 did not support the hypothesis. Captain Kirk showed lower levels of behaviour 2, number of times a person blatantly ignores hazards (M=2.4, SD=1.67, IRR=.50), when compared to Captain Picard (M=2.8, SD=1.48, IRR=.75). Captain Kirk showed similar levels of behaviour 3, number of times a person performs acts in which harm to self or death are a potential result (M=3.6, SD=1.34, IRR=.25), when compared to Captain Picard (M=3.6, SD=1.14, IRR=.50).

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this!
Louise :)

Hi stapel,
Thanks for moving my post. I was unsure about where to put it because I thought a question about adding means could fall into the "basic maths questions" but I guess I was wrong. Sorry about that.