Probability out of a class

gurbanoğlu

There are 13 girls and 7 boys in a class. The teacher writes each student’s name on a slip of paper and
places the slips in a jar. The teacher draws slips of paper from the jar one at a time to assign reading
buddies with first-grade students. What is the probability that the first three names drawn will be boys
and the next name will be a girl?
[A] 455/969
1/5
[C] 273/16000
[D] 91/3876

Hi, I am in 8th grade and it is the end of the year and this is the time when nobody really cares about student's work but I want to make the honor roll but my Math teacher isn't helping me there is only 1 week of school left and I need to raise my math grade.I don't understand what or how you multiply the fractions for this situation.I would appreciate it if someone showed me how to do it or gave me a paragraph explanation of what I need to do in order to solve this problem.

Last edited:
There are 13 girls and 7 boys in a class. The teacher writes each student’s name on a slip of paper and
places the slips in a jar. The teacher draws slips of paper from the jar one at a time to assign reading
buddies with first-grade students. What is the probability that the first three names drawn will be boys
and the next name will be a girl?
[A] 455/969
1/5
[C] 273/16000
[D] 91/3876

x is total girls number, y is total boys number
probability that first one is a boy: y/(x+y)
probability that second one is a boy: (y-1)/(x+y-1) (why?)
similar for 3rd and 4th person
then times them together.