Retail Distribution Formula Help

NeedsHelp2

Hi All:

I am researching Distribution Models/Formulas for the Automotive Market. My problem is to come up with a Distribution Model or Formula for a Car Manufacturer that needs to efficiently and fairly distribute its vehicles to retailers across the country. I must take into account that the Car Manufacturer produces several different Car Lines, all of which have different Sales Rates. Furthermore, the Manufacturer will not always be able to replace all sold units on a 1:1 basis. That is to say that in June they may sell 50,000 cars, but only be able to replace them with 35,000 in July. Finally, I must assume all Dealerships do not have the same Sales Volume and Inventory. What would be the best way to allocate vehicles to the dealer body fairly, while allowing more efficient dealers to increase their future allocation of cars.

Any direction or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

I am researching Distribution Models/Formulas for the Automotive Market. My problem is to come up with a Distribution Model or Formula for a Car Manufacturer that needs to efficiently and fairly distribute its vehicles to retailers across the country. I must take into account that the Car Manufacturer produces several different Car Lines, all of which have different Sales Rates. Furthermore, the Manufacturer will not always be able to replace all sold units on a 1:1 basis. That is to say that in June they may sell 50,000 cars, but only be able to replace them with 35,000 in July. Finally, I must assume all Dealerships do not have the same Sales Volume and Inventory. What would be the best way to allocate vehicles to the dealer body fairly, while allowing more efficient dealers to increase their future allocation of cars.

Any direction or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
We don't really do distribution and supply chains; we're math tutors. What is the math with which you are requesting help?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your efforts so far. Thank you! ;)