Need A LOT of help :(

MightyGambit

Hello guys, I'm new here. I found this site upon searching for math help websites, and I'm glad I did. Here's the deal, I'm in a credit recovery course for Algebra 1, because I failed it in 9th grade. Well, in about a week, I'm supposed to be starting my Senior year, and I need the credit to graduate, so I was enrolled in an online credit recovery program through Keystone Academy Online. Needless to say, I'm doing very poorly. I'm (barely) failing the course, and I'm really discouraged. I excel at all of my English classes, but math has never been my forte. I've had friends help me, I even went to a tutor, and what they all taught me never stuck in my mind. At this point, I just want to pass it so I can take Algebra 2 this year and graduate. I'm almost finished the credit recovery courses, but I have about 10 more (8 question) quizzes and two tests to take. Can anyone please help me? I'm very discouraged about this, and I won't have an issue with Algebra 2, as my Algebra 2 class is going to be a 1-on-1 independent study with my math teacher, so I'll get constant help. I'm going to post pictures of a bunch of the problems that I'm struggling with, if anyone would be so kind as to help me out. If anyone takes the time to help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it. If possible, can you please explain the process(es) that you went through to solve the problems. Ignore the full-screen thumbnail or any repeat problems in the thumbnails at the bottom. They were failed attempts at uploading better quality pictures, and I can't seem to find a way to delete them.

Problems with graph I'll post pictures of, word problems I'll write out

crop 1.jpgcrop 2.jpg

10) The amount of money in a bank account with an initial balance of $15,000 earns 3% per year. In an exponential model of the form y = A*B^x, which value would represent B in the function?
a) 15,000
b) 3
c) 1.30
d) 1.03

11) A $20,000 business computer depreciates at a rate of 15% per year. Which equation would model the value of the computer?
a) y = 20000(0.15)^x
b) y = 20000(0.85)^x
c) y = 20000(1.15)^x
d) y = 20000 + 15x

crop 4.jpg

crop 5.jpg
crop 6.jpg
crop 7.jpg
crop 8.jpg

That's all for now :/ If anyone is willing to 1-on-1 tutor/help me, I can give you my Skype and we can IM so I don't flood the forums. I'm sorry for all the pictures and everything, but I'm kind of stressing out, as I've exhausted every other way of passing this. Asking for help from friends, watching Khan academy videos, going over lessons over and over. Everything. Thank you so much, if anyone helps me with this.

Last edited:
You are unlikely to get any help. You have posted a number of problems with no attempt to solve them yourself shown. We will be happy to help you but you have to show some effort and we need to know what you do understand about these problems.

For example, the first one is really just simple arithmetic if you know what is meant by "\(\displaystyle 0.5^x\)". Do you? If so you should be able to see immediately what \(\displaystyle 0.5^0\) and \(\displaystyle 0.5^1\) are.

To continue with what HallsofIvy posted, one of the things you need to do is to remember basic definitions of what things mean. For example, what does earning a certain interest rate per period mean in terms of what you would have at the end of the first period and, in particular, what is the mathematical formula for this. If you don't learn these definitions then you will never be able to do the problems on your own with out reference to a 'book'.

I'm in a credit recovery course... I'm...failing the course, and I'm really discouraged.... in about a week, I'm supposed to be starting my Senior year....
It is unfortunate that you waited until the very end of what has been, essentially, a fifty-one week course of study. I regret to inform that it is not reasonably feasible to attempt online to provide the year-in-five-days instruction you have requested. I strongly suspect that it would not be feasible even with an amazing tutor working with you in your living room. It's simply too late. I'm so sorry. :(

In future, and especially because math builds on what has come before, please start getting help as soon as you start experiencing difficulties. That's really the only way to be able to "catch up" on whatever you didn't "get". Good luck! ;)