Bayesian Model Averaging

RitaSantos

Hello!

I'm currently developing a forecasting model. My doubt is in the post processing part. I'm trying to find a model that, receiving several forecasts as input, gives as output the most probable or a combination of some of the most probable. Will the Bayesian Model Averaging work here? Or do you suggest another one that is more qualified?

Thank you for the attention! :D

Hello!

I'm currently developing a forecasting model. My doubt is in the post processing part. I'm trying to find a model that, receiving several forecasts as input, gives as output the most probable or a combination of some of the most probable. Will the Bayesian Model Averaging work here? Or do you suggest another one that is more qualified?

Thank you for the attention! :D

It may be that my understanding of Bayesian Model Averaging (BMA) is wrong but a (maybe too simplistic) explanation is that the average prediction of a set of predictions tend to do a better job of predicting than any of the single predictors as long as all of the predictors do at least a pretty good job. In that sense, BMA should work for your problem as long as the predictions (several forecasts) do a pretty good job by themselves.