Measuring how likely a number is "off" from the expected value

Nathan1

For some reason I can't remember how to solve this particular problem, which I'm working on for a local school district. I'm looking at six groups of college graduates, divided into those groups depending on which type of degree they have. I can see how many of them made it to each step in the job search process - "No interview", "Interview", "Hired", and "Hired full-time". I've also broken this down into proportions, because what I'm really looking for is if the type of degree gives graduates a statistically significant advantage at certain points in the process. I'd like to know if, for example, having a business degree makes you more likely to get hired IF you've already been interviewed. I can see that the proportions change after each step, but I can't figure out how to test to see if those changes are statistically significant.

HOWEVER! I don't actually have a list of students and which degree they've got, all I have are numbers of how many of each type of student made it to each step in the process. Anybody know how I can figure this out? I've got all this in excel, for what that's worth.