Equation problem

Kang

I am not 100% sure this is the right forum but I will ask here.

The task is to mix two kinds of milks. First one being light milk with 0,5% fat content and the second one is standard milk with 3% fat content. You are supposed to mix these two milks with each other to get 1,5 % fat content of normal milk.

A= liters light milk and B= liters standard milk

a + b = 10 (1)

0,005a + 0,03b = 0,015 * 10 (2)

A) Explain what equation (1) means.
B) Explain what equation (2) means.
C) How much of each milks should they blend?

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

I know it may seem a silly question since you are asking for help, but just what do you know about the problem? The idea of the forum is to help any being which can ask to solve problems and not, for example, to do someone's home work for them. So it helps us if we know how much you know. There are rules of a sort for the forum and, although there are not always hard and fast rules, you should know what they are
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/54004-Read-Before-Posting

Again, a couple of examples: How many total gallons of mike do you want to have mixed at 1.5% fat content? If you know the percentage of fat for a milk type, how much fat is there in 10 gallons of milk? Are those questions obvious or is that where we should start explaining?

I am not 100% sure this is the right forum but I will ask here.

The task is to mix two kinds of milks. First one being light milk with 0,5% fat content and the second one is standard milk with 3% fat content. You are supposed to mix these two milks with each other to get 1,5 % fat content of normal milk.

A= liters light milk and B= liters standard milk

a + b = 10 ........................................................(1)

0,005a + 0,03b = 0,015 * 10 ..............................(2)

A) Explain what equation (1) means.
B) Explain what equation (2) means.
C) How much of each milks should they blend?

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

What are "A" & "B" as opposed to "a" & "b".

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting