Percentage Savings

valeria

hi everyone

i am new to this forum and i am not sure where to post this question. i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this calculation.

An item cost £25

A: if a customer buys 3 of those items, he will be charged £30

B: if he buys 6 of those items he is charged £50

C: if he buys 12 he is charged £80

what is the percentage savings if the customers opts for A, B, or C.

and can you please show me how you did the calculation so that i can do it myself in the future

thanks so much guys.

regards

echoMan

user_offline.gif

hi everyone

i am new to this forum and i am not sure where to post this question. i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this calculation.
You certainly should NOT "hijack" someone else's thread for a new question! That can get you banned. Start your own thread by clicking on the "post new thread" button on the menu page.

An item cost £25

A: if a customer buys 3 of those items, he will be charged £30

B: if he buys 6 of those items he is charged £50

C: if he buys 12 he is charged £80

what is the percentage savings if the customers opts for A, B, or C.

and can you please show me how you did the calculation so that i can do it myself in the future

thanks so much guys.

regards

echoMan
Wow that's a heck of a discount! One costs £25 while three cost only £30? If you bought three separately, it would cost 3(25)= £75. Paying only £30, you save 75- 30= £45. That is a percentage savings of \(\displaystyle \frac{45}{75}\)= 0.60 or 60%.

6, bought together, cost £50. If you bought 6 separately, they would cost 6(25)= £150. Paying only £50, you save 150- 50= £100. That is percentage savings of \(\displaystyle \frac{100}{150}\)= 2/3= 0.66666... or 66.6%.

You try the last one.

Last edited by a moderator: