I need help ASAP. If I don't get some help then I could fail Algebra.

Coco(nut)

Data set H = {2, 3, 6, 7, 7, 9, 9, 10, 10, 17}
1)Since the interquartile range of H is 4, the value 17 is a(n) _______ in H.

Jessica has a bag containing 100 jelly beans.There are 20 red, cinnamon-flavored beans; 25 yellow, lemon-flavored beans; 15 green, mint-flavored beans; 30 purple, grape-flavored beans; and 10 white, pineapple-flavored beans.
Underline ALL (if any) applicable terms for the events described.

1)Picking a red bean, and then picking a primary colored bean.

overlapping event dependent independent permutation

2)Picking a fruit-flavored or primary colored bean.

overlapping event mutually exclusive event compound event dependant

3)Picking a red, green, or fruit-flavored bean.

dependant compound event mutually exclusive event overlapping event

Calculate the theoretical probability of the following events.
4)Problem 1.

5)Problem 2.

6)Problem 3.

I'm not sure if 1-3 are correct.

Last edited:
I'm not asking people to do my work for me I just need some help to understand how to solve these problems.

Good! Then show us what you do understand about these problems and what you can do so we will know how to help you!

Well, let's start with the first one because I have no idea what to do on that one.

Well, let's start with the first one because I have no idea what to do on that one.

Data set H = {2, 3, 6, 7, 7, 9, 9, 10, 10, 17}
1)Since the interquartile range of H is 4, the value 17 is a(n) _______ in H.

What is the definition of inter-quartile range?

1. In other words, the IQR is the 1st quartile subtracted from the 3rd quartile; these quartiles can be clearly seen on a box plot on the data. It is a trimmed estimator, defined as the 25% trimmed mid-range, and is the most significant basic robust measure of scale.
I got this definition from google.

Last edited:
  1. In other words, the IQR is the 1st quartile subtracted from the 3rd quartile; these quartiles can be clearly seen on a box plot on the data. It is a trimmed estimator, defined as the 25% trimmed mid-range, and is the most significant basic robust measure of scale.
I got this definition from google.

Did you look at the problems that were solved in that page? Very similar to yours!!

What is the median of your data-set?

Ok I finally got it, thank you.

And for the other questions, I think I got them down.
Again thank you for your help, and I will be posting more questions as I go through my work.

Last edited: