Solve

hnnybear45

My teacher says: Solve each equation. Mentally check to see if your solution is correct.
There are two questions.

1.) 9+\(\displaystyle \dfrac{b}{6}\)=14

2.) 5y+5=35

If you can help that would be awesome. If you can't, thank you for trying anyways! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My teacher says: Solve each equation. Mentally check to see if your solution is correct.
There are two questions.
1.) 9+b=14
2.) 5y+5=35

If you can help that would be awesome. If you can't, thank you for trying anyways! :)
: The -6 is suppose to be under the b that is underlined... it's a fraction.

There are two questions.
1.) 9+b=14
2.) 5y+5=35

We can help - AFTER - you tell us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

There are two questions.
1.) 9+b=14
2.) 5y+5=35

First, please do not "hijack" other peoples threads to ask your own question! That is very rude and could get you banned. Use the "Post New Thread" button at the top of the first page.

To solve \(\displaystyle 9+ \frac{b}{-6}= 14\) for b, "undo" what has been done to b. Here, two things have been done to u: it is divided by -6 and then 9 added to it. To "undo" that, do the opposite in the opposite order, you would, first, subtract 9 from both sides, then multiply both sides by -6.