When compiling statistical data into tables, must each group have the same amount of

Salistor

When compiling statistical data into tables, must each group have the same amount?

Hey, I'm compiling data into tables, I have a data set, and my question i have composed is: Do MALES work more hours per week than FEMALES? Now I need to compile the data into tables. There is a problem though, there are more females, than males! To do the PPDAC cycle correctly etc, must both samples have an even number of "people/units" ? Please hurry, I need an answer soon, so I can do this math before tomorrow xD

Last edited:
Hey, I'm compiling data into tables, I have a data set, and my question i have composed is: Do MALES work more hours per week than FEMALES? Now I need to compile the data into tables. There is a problem though, there are more females, than males! To do the PPDAC cycle correctly etc, must both samples have an even number of "people/units" ? Please hurry, I need an answer soon, so I can do this math before tomorrow xD

Short answer: No.

Long(er) answer: Generally, when a question like this is asked, what is meant is the rate of work. For example, males might work, on average, 44 hrs/wk and females 42 hrs/wk. So it is not the total number of hours worked, it is the average number of hours worked.

Short answer: No.

Long(er) answer: Generally, when a question like this is asked, what is meant is the rate of work. For example, males might work, on average, 44 hrs/wk and females 42 hrs/wk. So it is not the total number of hours worked, it is the average number of hours worked.

Thank you! I can continue now! :D