How can I create and calculate arrival bus prediction with Microsoft Excel? thx

ramonjosegn2014

Hello dears

I need help with the following:

I want to have a schedule for the time arrvial of the public transport buses in my city

I would use a formula prediction buses and put in Microsoft Excel, but I have no knowledge to something so complex, so I'm asking for help

Since the transport system is new I do not have many details or statistics but I can get some information about the public bus transport:

- I have - The formula used by the company to send a number of buses depending on the miles you have the full path of each bus route

- I have - The time it would take to perform bus full route

- I have - Total kilometers (roundtrip) having each route

- I have - The average distance between bus-stops

- I have - The data with the real frequency for every route (the company generally does not meet the frequencies)

Could anyone help me?

I do not really need something very complex, since transport generally does not meet the data officially established, but I'd like something to start

I appreciate if you can help me

Playing around, I would possibly set up something like​
Stop No.Stop NameTime
Dist. To Next Stop (km)Avg. Speed (km/hr)Time To Next Stop (min)Total Time (min)
1Pleasant7:30AM
2Dumb7:50AM
3But Nice8:27AM
4Sometimes9:06AM
1Pleasant9:30AM

The Stop No., Stop Name, Dist. To Next Stop (km), Avg. Speed (km/hr) would all be provided as would be the initial time of the start route (the 7:30 AM). Time, Time To Next Stop (min), and Total Time (min) would be computed.

This particular schedule has a round trip time of two hours, so if you wanted a bus every 30 minutes, you would need to send 4 buses. One for 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM,8:30 AM, and 9:00 AM. Don't forget to schedule drives for a lunch break, etc.

Playing around, I would possibly set up something like​
Stop No.Stop NameTime
Dist. To Next Stop (km)Avg. Speed (km/hr)Time To Next Stop (min)Total Time (min)
1Pleasant7:30AM3.310200
2Dumb7:50AM15.3253720
3But Nice8:27AM16.1253957
4Sometimes9:06AM4.0102496
1Pleasant9:30AM3.51021120

The Stop No., Stop Name, Dist. To Next Stop (km), Avg. Speed (km/hr) would all be provided as would be the initial time of the start route (the 7:30 AM). Time, Time To Next Stop (min), and Total Time (min) would be computed.

This particular schedule has a round trip time of two hours, so if you wanted a bus every 30 minutes, you would need to send 4 buses. One for 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM,8:30 AM, and 9:00 AM. Don't forget to schedule drives for a lunch break, etc.

Its great, thanks but whats formula I can use? I dont urdenstand how can get the times...

Its great, thanks but whats formula I can use? I dont urdenstand how can get the times...

The time to the next stop is just the distance divided by the average speed then multiply by 60 to convert to minutes. I rounded the answer off but you don't have to do so. The Time arriveal at the next stop is then just the time at the present stop (say stop 1 at 7:30 AM) plus that travel time (the added 20 minutes gives 7:50 AM). Total time is just the addition of the times for each stop.

The time to the next stop is just the distance divided by the average speed then multiply by 60 to convert to minutes. I rounded the answer off but you don't have to do so. The Time arriveal at the next stop is then just the time at the present stop (say stop 1 at 7:30 AM) plus that travel time (the added 20 minutes gives 7:50 AM). Total time is just the addition of the times for each stop.

Thanks for the explication. Great thanks :)