Find sample size such that hypothesis holds true

Owlette

A coach has made a statement that his players have bigger lung capacity than the mean of the population of the same age which is 3.4. (Normal distribution)

Find the sample size, which lunch capacity should be measured, so coach can state his statement with 99% confidence. (assume sigma^2 = 0.09 and sample-mean = 3.545).

I wish I could show an attemp at solving this problem but I don't even know how to start. Whether I should use statistics, confidence interval or critical values. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A coach has made a statement that his players have bigger lung capacity than the mean of the population of the same age which is 3.4. (Normal distribution)

Find the sample size, which lunch capacity should be measured, so coach can state his statement with 99% confidence. (assume sigma^2 = 0.09 and sample-mean = 3.545).

I wish I could show an attemp at solving this problem but I don't even know how to start. Whether I should use statistics, confidence interval or critical values. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You have to use z-distribution chart.

Do you know how to use those and the "meaning" of those numbers?