Probability of unavailability and one more question please help to me.

Gkan

Hi all helpful people
smile.png

Please answer that , I didn't think about it . My knowledge not enough for this question.

4. In a certain company, the weekly use of a raw material, is a v.a. with normal distribution parameters p = 600 Kg e c = 40 Kg. Earlier in a certain week the company has in stock 634Kg of raw material, being impossible this week receive more supplies.
4.1. Determine the probability of unavailability of the raw material that week.
4.2. What is the probability of a given week the consumption is below average, given that earlier this week already consumed at least 500 kg of raw material?

attachment.php

Hi all helpful people
smile.png

Please answer that , I didn't think about it . My knowledge not enough for this question.

4. In a certain company, the weekly use of a raw material, is a v.a. with normal distribution parameters p = 600 Kg e c = 40 Kg. Earlier in a certain week the company has in stock 634Kg of raw material, being impossible this week receive more supplies.
4.1. Determine the probability of unavailability of the raw material that week.
4.2. What is the probability of a given week the consumption is below average, given that earlier this week already consumed at least 500 kg of raw material?

attachment.php

What is v.a.?

Actually I don't know too, Teacher wrote this. I think that is not important word.

I would suspect that "V A" means "value added".
I wonder what the "e c" means in "p = 600 Kg e c = 40 Kg".