Spearman's Rank hep QUICK PLZ!!

madimad

I am currently doing my statistics GCSE and I have to do a spearmans rank. So if i do scatter diagram of boys and girls showing their age and how long they took to do a literacy and maths puzzle, would my 2 sets of data (in order to work out) spearmans rank be the two puzzles or the puzzles and age knowing that it has to match my hypothesis: THe older the student, the quicker it takes to do the test.

It would be the two variables you would use on a scatter graph. So it would probably be literacy against maths, so it'd be those. Age is difficult to do on a scatter graph.

I am currently doing my statistics GCSE and I have to do a spearmans rank. So if i do scatter diagram of boys and girls showing their age and how long they took to do a literacy and maths puzzle, would my 2 sets of data (in order to work out) spearmans rank be the two puzzles or the puzzles and age knowing that it has to match my hypothesis: THe older the student, the quicker it takes to do the test.
The variables depend on what you are trying to test. In your example you want to test age (the older the student) and time to do the test (the quicker it takes to do the test). Maybe another pertinent question is "Are literacy and math correlated the same way"?