I swear, if I see one more problem about Australian Sheep dogs...

starinmypocket

[SIZE=+1]Let me start off by saying that I'm total and complete rubbish at math, it's pathetic really... So, I just recently took a quiz in my statistics course (which is kicking my rear end) and let's just say that it didn't go well. So, in an effort to not have a repeat on the next exam (or the final) I've been reviewing the quiz and trying to understand the problems I got wrong.

I actually got this problem right, but...only because I guessed. So there's not really any work that I can show you for it.

I understand that they're asking for the probability, but how do you plug it in? What formula do you use? I guess the biggest thing is that I don't understand how to use the 40% that they give you in the question to help solve for the answer.

The question below includes all of the information that was given on the quiz, there weren't any additional instructions. Hope I've given enough info, and I would totally appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks so much!

The Australian sheep dog is a breed renowned for its intelligence and work ethic. It is estimated that [SIZE=+1]40[/SIZE]% of adult Australian sheep dogs weigh 65 pounds or more. A sample of [SIZE=+1]13[/SIZE] adult dogs is studied. What is the probability that exactly [SIZE=+1]9[/SIZE] of them weigh 65 lb or more? [/SIZE]